Atomwide often has openings as we are a growing company. We are always pleased to hear from people who would like to work with us, so we have included a list below of some of the jobs we may have on offer.
If you are interested in applying for any of these types of positions please email email@example.com a full CV, along with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and your salary expectations (in light of your current salary). These job descriptions are subject to periodic review and amendment as necessary. No agencies thank you.
School-based IT Support Technician
Full Time : 52 weeks per year : 40 hour working week
The position is school-based during term time, while during school holidays it will be based at Atomwide’s Orpington offices but include on-site installation work.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing day-to-day IT support for a number of schools anticipated to be up to three (principally primary). In general, one day per term week will be spent at each school the remaining days would be as a support technician based in Atomwide’s Orpington offices. All schools will be located inside the M25, and typically within 15 miles of Atomwide’s Orpington offices.
- Maintain each school’s network, including management of daily backups, anti-virus tools and software licences.
- Handle file, application and hardware maintenance plus related support tasks as required by the school’s policies and as instructed by local staff.
- Manage and maintain the school’s LGfL 2.0 WAN connection, and act as a Nominated Contact for the school.
- Act as a liaison between the senior management team of the school and Atomwide.
Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Microsoft Windows operating systems and their use in a local area network environment.
- Cisco and D-Link networking technology.
Demonstrate an ability to:
- Interact with both Atomwide staff and school staff, whether technical or non-technical, in an approachable way.
- Realise opportunities to improve the day to day running of a schools network and enhance the school staff user experience through the use of both new and existing technologies.
You’ll work closely with the Finance Director to keep the accounts of Atomwide up to date and in line with accounting principles.
Duties are likely to range from helping to prepare financial statements to producing monthly management accounts. An excellent level of Excel expertise is required for this role. Other tasks you will be likely to take on include:
- Raising invoices
- Managing ledgers
- Processing expenses
- Preparing VAT returns
Other qualities that would be useful in this role include:
- Good at problem-solving
- A stickler for deadlines
- Sharp IT skills – exceptional Excel skills a must – familiarity with Sage a bonus
- Honest and trustworthy
With the exception of training days this role is largely office based. Full-time positions are usually 9 to 6, working 40 hours per week. However, this can change depending on the time of year as there may be occasions, such as the financial year end, when you’ll need to put in some overtime. We would also be looking to take someone on who would want to use any overtime to balance childcare needs or other personal responsibilities, with the possibility of taking extra time off in the summer to allow for a better work life balance.
Atomwide is an award winning UK based technology company operating in the managed service sector, specialising in broadband-deliverable Information Technology and Information and Communication Technology solutions for the public and also private sector.
Atomwide is the chief technology partner to the largest education network in Europe. It constructs and manages Wide Area Networks (WANs) and creates and delivers ISP-level services.
The financial controller position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Principal accountabilities are:
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines including:
- Monthly Management Accounts with variance analysis and commentary
- Monthly Departmental reports with variance analysis, commentary and projections
- KPI reports
- Preparing monthly payroll and management of pension auto-enrolment
- Posting payroll journals
- Month end processes
- Supervising the Accounts admin staff to ensure accurate information
- Ensuring the Financial policies and procedures and deadlines are complied with
- Driving continuous improvement to current processes and procedures
- Budgeting and Forecasting/Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions with the management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, ACCA/ACA Qualifications and/or equivalent business experience along with 5+ years of relevant experience within a small company or division of a large corporation.
Assistant Sales Account Manager
Atomwide are a successful, growing, friendly IT company that already has over 2500 schools as its customers.
We are seeking to recruit a school term time only or full time Assistant Sales Account Manager.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out a mix of tasks including telephoning schools, after sales support and liaison with both existing and new school customers via phone one and email to ensure current services are being well used and new services are promoted.
- Responding to sales enquiries from schools
- Dealing with general customer enquires via telephone and email
- Contacting schools to set up appointments from existing customer base
- Contacting schools to set up appointments from Lead generation from prospective new school customers
- Providing support for field sales colleagues; e.g. booking meetings and arranging diaries etc
- After sales processes such as booking onsite engineers, sourcing customer information and liaison with colleagues across other departments
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Personable and 'work with’ attitude
- Ability to work upon own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Creative and strong problem-solving skills
- Show a good attention to detail
- Be driven, motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Focused and goal oriented
- History of consistently achieving sales/company objectives
- Customer focussed
- Sense of humour and ability to work well in a team
- Experience within a Customer Services/Telesales role
- Experience of working within education/school environments desirable but not essential
- Full driving licence preferred but not essential
Sales and Customer Services
Office based in Orpington - Kent (BR5 4BQ) with occasional attendance at relevant shows and exhibitions with other members of the Atomwide team.
£20 - £24k (School term time position - pro rata).
45p per mile business expenses.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously CRB check) is required for this role as you will be involved with schools.
IT Network & Server Engineer
Would you like to work for a leading privately owned technology company? We require an IT Network & Server Engineer to work on the design, implementation and support of network infrastructure including firewalls, routers and switches.
You will be able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of at least 3 of the following technologies:
- Cisco networking technology
- Security (Firewalls, VPN, IPS)
- Switching, routing
- Big IP F5 load balancing technology
- Cisco VOIP systems
- HP Blade server & SAN technology
It would also be helpful to have a broad understanding of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL
- Design, implementation and support of network infrastructure including firewalls, routers and switches
- Policy creation, management and documentation regarding remote user connectivity (VPNs, VPN tunnels)
- Configuration/setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of servers
- Application and operating system tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Participation in infrastructure and capacity planning
- Installation of new Networking Equipment and Servers
- Recommendation and implementation of modifications to the server environment, including troubleshooting and replacement of faulty system hardware
- Performance of routine server updates/patching and software deployments
- Provision of solutions and working closely with helpdesk support staff to support day to day activities
- Excellent problem solving ability and time management practices
- Ability to quickly understand and evaluate new technologies as required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Atomwide designs, implements and supports IT services for major customers in the UK education sector using a combination of commercial and bespoke software. In order to continue the enhancement of its product range, Atomwide is seeking to expand its in-house development team through the addition of new full-time staff with any or all of the following skills:
- Website design using Microsoft ASP.NET WebForms and MVC, plus libraries like AJAX, jQuery and Bootstrap
- Programming with Microsoft .NET (VB or C#)
- XML and Web Services (e.g. SOAP, WCF, JSON)
- Microsoft SQL Server database design, optimisation and administration
- Ideally, app development for Google Android and Apple iOS
Enthusiasm for the rapid development of new products as well as the on-going support and evolution of existing solutions is essential, along with good self-motivation for individual tasks and effective team-working for larger projects.